Sunday, August 10, 2008

Check in later for more on Smith Post

I talked to a few Smith Post players after the game - Jason Nowicki, Kyle Richardson and Zack Ciccotti - as well as Smith manager Tony Abone Sr. and coach Tony Abone Jr. following the heartbreaking loss. I'll post more details from our talks in a blog post later.

While all the guys were visibly upset - a few were in tears - they understand the magnitude of what they have accomplished as a team, and said they know they'll look back on the season with very positive memories.

Until tomorrow, good night legion fans and take care.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

andrew - Bobby's last name is spelled McLaughlin

Andrew Donovan said...

I actually discovered that correct spelling just before sending in my story last night. You see, the lineups that were given to us in the press box had several incorrect spellings (as I found out later when reviewing the official game stat sheets). I have no idea why that was. Fortunately I was able to have the correct spelling of Bobby's name in the paper today though (having discovered at the last minute). Thanks for the note though Robert. I appreciate it...I'll go through later on and fix that in the blog...

Andrew Donovan said...

Robert,
I just went through both Anaconda-Smith games and changed the spelling of Bobby's last name. Thanks again for bringing it my attention. And thanks for following along...